Sunday, April 11, 2010

Always there for you..

My dad is 72 years old this coming October. Still healthy ... and happy. I could still remember when he was at my current age (or perhaps older) he did all the gardening alone... (sometimes he got tired of 'enjoying' that alone too and 'forcely invited' us to join, normally on Sundays). That was maybe 15 - 20 years back when his energy was at the top and one of his routines was making sure the compound of the house was upkept.

He still does that gardening as usual but not as frequent as before. With all the cucu(s) around and the only son in law (of coz my hubby!), occasionally we will have family gathering - time for makan, chit chat and sharing ideas and opinions on politics as well as family's gossips hahaha...

But lately dad looks so 'tired' and perhaps not as energetic as before. Mum raised her concern on dad's driving - not like before, nowadays dad gets easily confused on the normal route.... Worst thing, when he does the marketing alone, he tends to forget what to buy and sometimes left things that he has bought .... But still he has the 'drive' to drive to places like Melaka, Muar .... (when he drives with mum and oya to these places, I make sure that I call every 2 hours). Selagi tak sampai rumah, I will be restless.

Last month dad complained of his blurry vision. We advised him to go and check his eyes. Joe sent him to the hospital and true enuf both of his eyes have cataract; the right one is in bad shape. Next month he will undergo a minor surgery to remove the one on the right. Before the surgery, he has to do 2 medical check ups. If both check ups okay, then only he qualifies the surgery.

Last Friday, he went to do his normal medical check up and the doc said he has gallstone. (I know that gallstone is in his family history). Perhaps after the cataract, the gallstone will be looked at ..

This is one of the aging symptoms... I hope dad will be okay. I know he will.
Even the doc said that looking at dad's condition and strength, he said dad is a strong-hearted man.
Yup we know that... I have been living with him for more than 40 years
The difficulties that he went thru all his life made him a tough and commanding person. I still remember when I was at my younger age... I believe that he has the power and strength to kill ghosts... :) (How time flies .... and I know all his cucu(s) have the same feeling and thoughts that I've had on him before).
I hope this old wise man, my dad will be okay..
And as for me and my brothers .. dad, we will be always there for you :)

2 comments:

  1. A bit confused actually. Sent abah to hospital today for his second round medical check up before the cataract removal. Surprisingly the doc said, his vision can be corrected by wearing a pair of glasses.
    The next appointment is next year and we'll see how the cataract builds. Hmmhhhh....

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts anyone?