Sunday, April 18, 2010

A complete Challenge

Raising a child nowadays is a complete challenge.
Mine, a boy aged 4 sometimes drives me crazy but at the end of the day puts a smile on my face... :)
This is not my personal experience but rather an experience of someone close.
Yesterday, after what happened, I had a serious thinking. What if the same thing were to happen to me ?
How do I handle the situation? How do I handle my frustration? How do I overcome my stress?

Nowadays as I observe, being parents is not an easy task. Compared to my younger days, 'canning' was always the solution. All sorts of punishments done before are prohibited to be implemented today. Looks like schools nowadays are no more than a place for knowledge acquisition. Moral, attitude and behaviour  of the students perhaps are no longer the prime focus of the teachers..
And perhaps there goes ... gifted knowledgable sudents perform better and better while the non gifted ones and unfortunately mischievous are left unattended ...
Whose fault is it? The parents? The teachers? or is it a revolution?

Couple of months ago, I persuaded my son to pre school. I know its a bit ridiculous but I am becoming a mum who wants her son to be perfect! Of coz the 4 year old kiddie showed a complete sign of refuse.
Frankly I did my own deep self reflection and finally realized that it was a selfish move.

But it was a surprise when my son mentioned that he is ready to meet new friends and learn new things in life when he finally agreed to my request. I suddenly believe that when the time is right he will be there.
To my bro...hang in there ... this is a challenge. Its a test from God. I know both of you will sail thru...
Continue the efforts and Don't Give Up!

2 comments:

Sharing your thoughts anyone?