Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SOUL Attachment

A friend told me once - when a wife dies, the husband will follow suit couple of months after that. But when a husband dies, the wife can survive for couple of years..Closer to home, i think there is a truth in that statement. It happened to my grannies, my aunties and even my SIL! That is an informal statistics that indicates women are strong (not physically strong) than men !

I asked that friend of mine why is that so? (hubby can't survive after wifey left him for good). His answer was simple. "LOVE". That friend of mine said " I love my wife... I can't let her die before I die. I know if I were to be around when she gets sick or ill and bedridden, I will take good care of her until she dies..peacefully." I promised myself in whatever circumstances I will take good care of her. That's how deep my love is for her. And I know I will follow suit shortly after that as I couldnt live alone without having her beside me."  That was to me a 'declaration of love' from an elderly person (aged 55.. i guess - well, age doesnt matter when it comes to love!).

Obviously I was so touched and wept when he said that. We went on talking on how he defines LOVE. To him love is nothing more than respecting each other, being a loyal companion for each other be it during happiness and sorrows. "I can't sleep in my bedroom when she is not around... I would rather sleep on the couch in the living room with lights on". Its not about having that intimate relationship at this age...but it is the feeling of losing someone close to your heart. She is my soul atachment". Wow.. that's deep (i told myself).

Posted him some 'naughty' questions... did he ever falls for someone else during his entire marriage... Calmly he responded, "No, but I did admire some people..maybe because the way that ppl carried themselves. It had never been more than that. And I didnt have time for that as I had to work hard as the breadwinner of the family. And even if I were to be given a chance for that, I dont think it is wise for me to get myself into that kinda mess". I wonder if such a love exists... Maybe there is.. I am sure.

So what's your definition of love? I believe it varies depending on one's upbringing, education and surroundings. Sometimes love strucks when you are in 'difficult' situations.... even though you try to run, it chases after you. Perhaps, rationale and your true LOVE will show you the right way to take or choose. Sometimes, as human we get carried away. But if we hold fast to the rule of LOVE, we might see the light at the end of the tunnel. And sometimes it is God's testings (for the chosen ones) when our LOVE fail halfway ......teaching us to be a better person....

I think LOVE is so demanding nowadays. LOVE needs to be expressed ... (not in materialistic ways but we need to know if our loved ones have the same degree of LOVE towards us). But LOVE still lies in the eyes of the beholders...it is very subjective but qualitative.

The longer you spend your life with your partner, the more  'instinct' you have that would tell you on your partner's love for you.... so no words of love need to be uttered as you have found your soul attachment.
After all these years, I wonder if my marriage has reached that level of soul attachment....  still counting though...  dont wanna fail or perhaps fear to fail... something that i dont wanna imagine at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?