Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sorry GARUDA.. Its OURS!

The moment I write this entry, the Tiger team has just won the football SEA Games.... (poor Garuda!!!!)
Congratulations to all Malaysians.... Hubby was not at home ..and Amir has fallen asleep.
Managed to sms hubby on the victory.. and this was what he replied : yuhooooooo.... padan muka Indon: Wow.... that's too much ... but who cares anyway... Yuhooooo!!!!!! I agree with you mr hubby.... lol!!!

Flashback.....
I am not a football fanatic now compared to those good old days when I was in my primary school. Those stars like Super Mokh, Santokh Singh, Soh Chin Aun, Arumugam were my favourites and I adored them like crazy... Players like Fandy Ahmad (a Singaporean), (unfortunately that is the only name that I could recall now) would made me glued infront of the TV... not really to watch the game and his tactics but I believe it was more towards adoring his looks.  Well that was many years ago... when one of my ambitions was to be a successful athlete. Kenapa? Tak percaya???

My 2 cents worth...
Those veteran athletes - I think they really played for the nation and the country ... and not so much for the money. Perhaps things change positively and we can see that nowadays outstanding players can cari makan easily if they are committed and plan their career wisely. They are well paid (perhaps better than what I am earning now) and for those who are really good, they are hunted and offerred with superb benefits and perks! How time flies...... Even some of these players are becoming celebrities... not only their popularity is at par or better than some hot actress/actors in town ...but they even tied knots with film stars... Some of them ... their lives have been widely commercialized...

But if we were to compare now and before, I think we have better athletes before than what we have now. Sometimes I wonder if we can have the juniors to run as cool and as confident as Saik Oik Kum, sprint as fast as Rabuan Pit and Marina Chin and all rounders like Hanafiah Nasir and Zaiton Othman, the bionic woman...

Countries like Thailand, I bet they have the replacements for Anat Ratanapol, Sumith Promna, Suchart .... and Philippines must have gotten the new lady sprinter to replace Lydia De Vega...

All of a sudden, I think I should have pursued my dream to be an athlete.... if only I can turn back the clock! hahahaha...

But whatever it is..... Tabik spring to all the players who roared and jumped  like tigers... You boyz rocks!!!

To the Garudas... sorry boys .. tonite is OURS!! go and fly kites....!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?