Saturday, November 7, 2009

The fear inside me

I have been having quite a hard time to handle Amir while shopping. Tak kira la hyper market, kedai mamak ke, pasar ke, Seven Eleven ke... mana saje yang ada display toys... its a habit of him nowadays to get me to buy him the toys. Kalau tak beli mende2 ni dia akan buat mende2 ni pulak:

1. duduk depan toys yang dia dah berkenan - his favourite
2. Menangis sambil tarik baju mak dia - once his favourite tapi dah kena tegur ngan abah dia...
3. Berguling-guling sambil nangis - ada tendency tapi belum pernah buat lagi...

So every time kalau nak pegi beli barang, its a habit of mine and hubby pulak to always remind him not to buy any toys. But he is always encouraged to buy books. Usually coloring books are his favourite. Rasanya dah lebih dari 30 colouring books we bought for him. I noticed that he likes to mess around with colours... Sampai habis rumah atuk dia conteng. Last Raya hubby had to repaint the dining and guest areas of my parents house. Actually it was all started when I bought him a big art pad when he was nearly 2 years old. Since then he show interest in drawing and colouring. Colour pencils and crayons tu jangan cakap la...

Lately he has been familiarising himself with our laptops. Mine is his favourite since he can play many computer games. It surprised me one day when I noticed that he can 'on' my laptop and click to the games folder.. Kalau kat umah atok, he will aim on Kak long's PC.

Sometimes I feel that it was unfair for him a 3 year old boy to be deprived from playing with toys. But at the same time we do not want him to be too playful. I once thought to send him to school but was advised by my bro and SIL that it was too fast for him. Deep inside my heart I have this fear that my son could not perform in school, could not socialize and interact with other children ... and macam2 lagi. Is this common or I'm too perfectionist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?