Monday, December 14, 2009

A point to ponder?

Recently I had the opportunity to attend quite a number of trainings. I treasure trainings a lot! Its an opportunity not to be missed to empower yourself to be more efficient in whatever field that you involved or messed in!

Last month I was at Social Media Boot Camp. Looking at the name of the training I wonder what was it all about. Spent a bit of my hectic schedule to find out on the same. It was actually on the new media that has been going round for quite some time. Why I said it was quite some time because I knew about this new media which is now known as Social Media last 2 years, when I was with CAT@ VirtualMalaysia.Com. The whole thing is actually on Internet Marketing.

It was more of a refresher course to me. The SEO, the pay per click, keyword etc ... Thanks to my ex-CEO (I better named him :) En Rohizam Md Yusoff (I still remember the spelling of his name! Some ppl spelt his name wrongly!) for giving me the golden opportunity to enhance my knowledge in IT. However, the knowledge is not pretty practicable in this organization. I believe skepticle is still the major reason that hinder some ppl to get 'associated' with Internet Marketing. Maybe its the industry that I involved in today is a bit different from before.

Holistic .... that would be my impression towards Internet Marketing @ Social Media. I believe if the organization plans to run a campaign via this medium, it would be successfully measured. However, without having an expert to run this, it would be quite hassle and tedious. All you need is to have ppl who likes to surf, creative and with analytical mind. Besides, budget would be one of the contributing factor to get it done with 'flying colors'.

I personally think if the current organization plans to run a campaign on branding, this would be the possible medium....

1 comment:

Sharing your thoughts anyone?