Thursday, January 7, 2010

An unsung hero?

Actually I'm sick and tired of doing follow up calls. This is an issue of efficiency and productivity of a government agency ..... What saddened me its on my dad's pension.... a long serving government servant who has also been in the army... Sorry abah... after talking to you this morning ... I think I should even maximize my so called writing skills to write to the media and make noise about it ..... (I don't really like to use this actually... but what choice do I have anyway?). I promise I will try my level best to settle this at the soonest.

All my dad wanted to claim is his right/eligibility. He has served the government for more than 25 years. Unfortunately, his military service has not been 'declared and calculated'. So, now it is merely a matter of producing the confirmation. The application of getting his military service calculated into his servicing years has been approved. But I wonder why the new pension has not been disbursed accordingly. Tried calling the relevant agency and was duly informed that they are still waiting for the confirmation from another 2 relevant agencies. But what the h*** they approved the application if the confirmation (from the other 2 agencies) has yet to be procured!!!!!

The application has now stucked for more than 6 months. I am not sure what and where is the bottle neck (if there is one!!) of the problem. My dad is 76 and all I want to do is to make him happy and feel that he is appreciated.

.... there goes the slogan "People first, Performance Now".......

5 comments:

  1. yes,yes, I agree, write to the media!
    My dad a 76 years old man was asked to go to the court to settle saman road tax...and when he went to the court Majistret Cuti!!!!! all this started because JPJ tarik kereta dia.. JPJ pegi tarik kereta dia sampai Shah Alam sebab he uses an old Volvo- the day after kena tarik, keluar kat paper kereta lama tak payah tarik.. kena bawak check kat Puspakom aje..so he had to go to Shah Alam to claim the car which by the way bila ada kat sana rosak and he had to bawak a mechanic pulak pegi sana! I hope one day a JPJ officer will Google the word JPJ and find my comments.. there is this thing called 'budi bicara' and helping the warga emas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mindblogger: I agree with you.. some ppl nowadays esp the young chaps who do not know how to apply the term discretion... They should be educated that 'power' is not everything... :p
    This is just like our GM's briefing ... while our PM is busy running around the country telling ppl on his vision and aspirations on 1Malaysia la, people first, performance now la.... it happened otherwise on the ground...
    But this might be one of the isolated cases... perhaps... and i hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just spoke to the officer of the relevant govt agency. Looks like 'I" have to call the super duper slow another agency and request for a consent letter. Aiyo, we have to wait for more than 6 months to get the simple consent letter out...

    So now we have Juara Rakyat... We have Rakyat Didahulukan pencapaian diutamakan... what else after this...

    Guess it wont assist them to be super efficient as aspired by the PM if the ppl down there is still at the same 'pace'... laid back... no sense of urgency....

    Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............
    ...............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just write to the media. Let the responsible party/ies read and response ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I wish I could write to the media...
    My dad was not agreeable to that. Finally he, himself went to see one of the officers at the relevant dept.
    The officer promised to settle by March. True enuf, my dad got what he wanted. He is now a happy man...
    Well to me he is still the 'unsung hero'. He had thru all the troubles...
    But as long as he is happy... I'm happy too. I love you abah!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts anyone?