Monday, January 11, 2010

The value of being persistent

I had to write this...
We have been waiting for months ... getting someone higher level (in a ministry) to involve in our event. No response at all... Our follow ups via phone calls, smses, emails bak kata orang 'dipandang sepi'. Finally we gotto know the so called higher level person is not available.

We then wrote to another second higher level person. This time round the response was good. I knew his special officer but not that I knew him very well. Boss said I have to call him, use my 'voice' to get what we want. Hahaha... yeah boss..

But I did that. Its my kpi anyway ... (no no not using my voice la... Its my kpi to get the higher level person to be at our event) better do it by hook or by crook!. I had to be persistent to get things done. Close the 'book' and move forward. No more ding dong. Tired and sick of that! I called him last week Friday to confirm his Boss's attendance. He smsed "Call me next Monday". I did call him this morning. He said " I haven't speak to my Boss. Basically he is available on that date. Please call me tomorrow'. Okay... I said to myself ... looks like we are losing hope... I smsed him again.

Finally, we got the confirmation. He called the CEO and confirmed. Perhaps tired with my sms or call ... ??? Yes! The event in ON.

Bos (Ji), I think you know how much I want to avoid liaising with the special officer. But it works beb! Lenkali tak payah mintak the MK* lagi... suh aje assistant dia... Senang aje keje... tak payah nak tunggu berbulan2...

Looks like if we want to have it our own way, be persistent... but when you sense that your persistence is to no where, stop it and move forward!

2 comments:

  1. yeah..I guess that special assistant finally came out form the boss' room to type the letter declining our invitation! O well...that's her KPI I guess! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... KPI la KRA la... whatever la.... but if the mind set is still the same, the attitude is still at the same pace.... looks like they are to no where beb! We are heading towards Vision 2020... If the ppl up there is still d same, ppl down here would be the same...not progressive and far from proactive... who's at fault actually? Perhaps they have a lot of stuff to attend to... but that's what you are up there for man!
    Aiyoo ... I can't write no more....

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts anyone?