Saturday, May 12, 2012

Soaked and we did it!

My eyes were watery... even though I tried and  forced myself very hard to act normal and 'maco' ... like all this while I was one? He was strolled to the OT at 7.30 am.... and finally released at 1.30pm - 6 hours!
My heart beat ran fast when I saw him shivered ... He was surrounded by the surgeon and maybe around 8 doctors. they were trying to 'correct' the extremely low bp... he was on drips... blood...

When the surgeon approached me and asked whether I am a relative to him, I acted normal ... even though I kinda know what he gonna tell me. 'His bp is very unstable'. The moment he said that, i started my questions...
and ... he did try his best answering. After half an hour, dad was sent to high dependency unit. I saw a  frustration look on the surgeon's face. 'I have tried my best... but still your dad's bp is very low... Is he ever had a heart attack before? " he started questioning me now! The hell NO! (I said to myself). "Never" I answered him.

" The dos have to closely monitor your dad. Its common after an ops, a patient will react as such. Hopefully he will recover... his lungs is okay... he stops shivers". 

That evening, 5 of us were together in the unit... Jo, Ed, My other half, Oya and myself. At 7.00 pm, he was getting stable but the pain was very unbearable.... epidural was stopped and substituted with tarmal...the pain killer. Not working ... I guess, as he was restless and kept on whispering that he couldn't stand the pain.
Looking at his situation now,, at times I feel helpless as I can do nothing to reduce his pain... All I can do is to console him, comfort him...  How I wish if I can have a magic stick!!

Couldn't get myself a good sleep. Was up at 4.00 am and wondering around the house...
Finally played one of Amir's game which he downloaded in the tab.
At 7.30am I got to know from Ed, he is getting better. he could sit even though not that long...
He can move his leg a bit..
That's more than a good news..
It has been a very tiring week...not to mention some difficult moments that we have to go through... no exceptions..
... and we can't imagine how can we go thru all this ... one after another..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?