Saturday, August 8, 2009

Are we prepared?

Just read Jiji's informative explanation on H1N1. Seriously, I have the fear inside me as well. Just got back from Bandung early this week and now I'm having flu and coughing. Last 2 days went to do the check up. The doc said 'you don't have fever and your lung is clear, it's a normal flu." At first it was a relief and I told myself maybe I was too tired and haven't got enough rest after the trip.


But this 'wabak' like everyone knows has no specific symptom... and that is more scary.
About this antiviral... I am confused actually. My parents, during their visit to the clinic, were informed that the antiviral is available and the cost is RM75.00. On the other hand, Sally was informed that the antiviral can be taken anytime and the cost is RM200++. But in Sally's case, it was further mentioned to her that the antiviral will prevent one from having colds and will not really 'guarantee' one not to catch H1N1. So which is which?

Like Jiji said, the government or to be more specific the MOH should educate the public on this issue. I am sure everyone is panicking...

Last Thursday, early in the morning I got a call from Sally Goh. She was supposed to be one of the talents for festive collaterals' shooting on that day. Unfortunately she couldn't make it. She told me that one of B**'s staff has been diagnosed positive H1N1... and since she has been having flu for more than a week, she decided to cancel the shooting and went to do the medical screening. A good move ! But the B**'s branch in Taman LS has to be closed for 2 days. On the same day the BCP Committee held an urgent meeting on how to handle, curb and communicate this issue to the stakeholders, media and the staff. As for us in Corporate Affairs, we did what we have to do. Sent out the media release. Well... it appeared in all papers ... Anyways, who ever the staff is, I hope he/she will get well soon... God willing!

Next 2 weeks we will be launching our branch in Song Sarawak. It is supposed to be officiated by FM2. I was just on the phone with an Editor from The S***. We did ask the media to cover this event ... its a good angle actually since the branch in Song is a 'social branch'. But the Editor mentioned that she will need to scout for a reporter since the H1N1 is currently serious and she might have some difficulties to assign one... Gosh.... hope during the event, the media will turn up.. if not I'm a dead body!!!!

I pray that this pandemic will end soon. I just wonder if this were to happen to one of my family members, am I prepared to accept the worst? God knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?