Thursday, July 2, 2009

CSR .. in my very own eyes....

I am quite knew with this corporate social responsibility or corporately known as CSR. When I first joined this organization, I was assigned to'look after' the CSR unit. Of coz I refer to nothing but internet for all the countless research and materials. For the benefit of all (especially those who is not quite familiar with this term) CSR is relatively vital for an organization to further sustain. Big organizations tend to run all kind of csr activities... mostly dragged media to spice up the publicity (well... we do need that!). Some organizations have their csr elements embedded in their nature of business. To me, Body Shop is a very good example whereby they have effectively put in place its approach against animal testing. On the other hand, to some extend, I think, sometimes, there are organizations competing with each other in identifying the focus of their csr approach. Those with lucrative budget may plan anything under the sky. I'm pretty sure that they (the organizations) are responsible corporate citizen... but does this coming from the very bottom of their hearts? Well, I have no answer for that. This, to me, may lead to csr, losing its phenomenal factor.

The organization that I'm currently attached with has done quite a number of csr activities. Historically, they have put into practice a csr activity through out the country know as *** Prihatin. It was said to be a successful implementation. Last year, I can say, we have expanded/ diversified the nature of our activities. The prime focus is still education but it is now perfectly leveraged to other layers of community. So, now we put some colours in it ... as the recipients come from all walks of life. Riding on our social mandated roles, this initaitive is more towards upgrading the quality of life of the rakyat, providing prudent financial accessibility to those ppl in remote areas, providing conducive learning infrastructure for schools, giving basic requirement/facilities e.g wheel chairs, dialysis machines to the OKU, elderly and NGO(s), etc.

I truly hope the organization will continue with this initiative. It gives me some sort of inner happiness and satisfaction as we do involve in analyzing the recipients. Having said all of the above, to me csr has helped many ppl out there. Corporate leaders / organizations are now responsible citizens. So, kudos to the ppl who has created/ introduced this to the corporate world.

2 comments:

  1. yelaa...lebih2 lagi bila mula dah masuk paper nih... wakakaka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woit mestila... kalau cenc baca ni mau dia nangis.

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts anyone?