Sunday, July 5, 2009

Do you cook?

I love Sundays... Why not? This is the only day of many other days that would allow me to wake up a bit late, have breakfast with hubby and son, spring cleaning of the house and of coz cooking... I'm not really a good cook. But being the only daughter I've been taught to cook since I was in my primary school. I have quite a number of recipe books which remain to be dispalyed in my cupboard. I actually end up testing my mum's recipes. According to my sifu (my mum!) you have to cook regularly so that the cooking would be perfect a.k.a the right taste. I do my cooking only during weekends.... Normally I would invite my parents to come over to have lunch or dinner with us. That is one of the ways to know as to whether my cooking is deemed 'approved' (usually my mum and especially my dad will do the commentings). Well so far so good! Hubby? He has no complaint so far. Talk 'bout cooking, actually I'm glad that I bought the multi cooker.. I can cook almost anything ... hassle free!! It's not that expensive though... I have tried grilling, steaming and steamboat as well. Thanks to Puspanita... hehehe for introducing this multi cooker.

However to be frank I haven't done serious cooking for about a month now. What I meant by serious cooking is when you have to really cook the Malay food especially curry, lemak cili api... this involve a lot of ingredients like kunyit (not kunit), santan, cili api etc etc. Personally, I love Chinese style of cooking. It's simple, fast and not spicy. Being married to a man whose mum is a great cook herself, I have to be ever ready to cook almost anything! My MIL used to request my cooking during Hari Raya. All those nasi minyak, nasi tomato, lakso, soto... Suspens jugak mula2 nak masak kat rumah inlaw. But that was I think 10 years back... but now I'm used to it. Deep in my heart I thank my mum... for all the secret recipes, guidance and trust in me.

2 comments:

  1. Good english but story lacks something la .. dunno what. Maybe u still new. Kalau lama sikit, maybe akan ok.. Well, keep it up. Mana tau sikit hari lagi hit bertambah .. Dapat duit ke buat blog mcm ni?

    Your Senior Manager bro ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya.. trying to improve. Thanks for dropping a comment. Keep following ya!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts anyone?