Saturday, July 18, 2009

A caring husband?

It was 5.20 pm (Thursday) when CE3 summoned me to his office. "Are you aware of this complaint" (showing his email in his notebook .. A simple answer from me "Nope sir". He then instructed me to do some findings/investigation with the relevant dept.

It was 5.35pm when I was about to leave, my extension phone rang ... asking me to join an urgent meeting with HR and JPC on the complaint. Conclusion? Yes... and of coz it is HEK's area... there you go!

The complaint? Well...a loving husband and a caring father lodged a complaint direct to KSN's office (am not sure whether this is a sensible move). The allegation? Her wife's application for leave was denied. So the diligently committed wife came to work with 2 kids; aged 2 and 7. One of them was sick (the reason why the wife applied for a leave). The hubby questioned why did his wife's leave application was denied? And the wife was said to have this kinda fear that her salary will be deducted if she still goes on leave..... (is this a free country or what?)

An 'interrogation' was held .. the findings were: as an employee, the wife is entitled for her leave. Further investigation is said to be undertaken to ensure as to whether or not there is an element of injustice done to the wife by the relevant authority/supervisor. The hubby's allegation stating that his child was lying at an area visible enuf to be seen by other customers was actually a sham. (this was confirmed by the officer in charged). It was reported that both kids were in the room behind the counter at all times, the whole day..

Finally, I prepared a reply based on these findings and get CE3 to sign off. Thought it was the end ... but it was the beginning when the complainant finally called me ... called me? why me? Again? Trying not to sound nervous, I entertained his call. Well, maybe he is a good hubby and caring father... from his voice. He raised his concern... acknowledged the wife's responsibility... but on that day he couldn't take care of the kids himself since he was outstationed. And of coz he denied the kids were in the room at all times. "Did your officers check the CCTV?" My answer was short " We are still investigating sir. Should you need further clarification you may proceed to do so in writing".

And he DID. It was 5.30pm (Friday) when I was again summoned to CE3's office. "So did you check the CCTV"... I have to check? "My reply was based on J**'s findings sir". R*******n was immediately called and CE3 instructed his team to proceed with checking the CCTV and CE3's final word "I want everything to settle by Monday"....
Can't really wait to see what will happen on Monday when CE1 will be around.... takutnya.... God Bless Me!

And the hubby? At first I believe he is a caring hubby and father ..... But I suddenly imagined if I were to be in his wife's shoes... I must be in a very difficult situation now... to face my superior, my colleagues... He meant well but sincerely I think the wife is in deep trouble.....
May the truth prevails!

2 comments:

  1. The caring husband should have known that his actions will have some implications lah kan...
    God Bless You! And thank God I'm on leave! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmhh what else can I say mindblogger ... yeah.. May God Bless Me....
    Why must this thing happened when you were on leave ...

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts anyone?