Saturday, December 1, 2012

My HeaRt WeePs


I was doing some office stuff just now..
Eyes were glued on the TV...watching those politicians deliberating their opinions and thoughts with very forceful voice. I don't really follow all these political issues. Enuf said.. I am aware that now all of them be it the alliance, the opposition etc..are busy strategizing... My only hope as one of the many citizens in this multi racial country, I vote for a peaceful country where everyone no matter what their races and beliefs are, be treated with equality and that none of us will be deprived of our basic needs in life as human ......

That's not the reason why I am writing this entry. I was actually touched by a song ...sang by one of those Malays...after speaking his mind at the podium.
I didnt realise that I wept too.

This song, was once a song that we sang at GPMS (Gabungan Pelajar Melayu Semenanjung) assembly.
It touches my heart as it really reflects what happened to us before and even now,,,
I am no politician but  I think that  gentleman who sang that song is saddened  for so many valid reasons....

The melody is soft....but the lyrics ..touches your heart (only to those who really understands...perhaps)..
Flashing back... used to sing this together with late Azmin during our school days...
well... down memory lane... the good old days are over..


WARISAN

Anak kecil main api
Terbakar hatinya yang sepi
Air mata darah bercampur keringat
Bumi dipijak milik orang

Nenek moyang kaya-raya
Tergadai seluruh harta benda
Akibat sengketa sesamalah kita
Cinta lenyap di arus zaman

Indahnya bumi kita ini
Warisan berkurun lamanya
Hasil mengalir ke tangan yang lain
Peribumi merintih sendiri

Masa depan sungguh kelam
Kan lenyap peristiwa semalam
Tertutuplah hati terkunci mati
Maruah peribadi dah hilang

Kini kita cuma tinggal kuasa
Yang akan menentukan bangsa
Bersatulah hati bersama berbakti
Pulih kembali harga diri

Kita sudah tiada masa
Majulah dengan gagah perkasa
Janganlah terlalai teruskan usaha
Melayu kan gagah di Nusantara
 
Melayu kan gagah di Nusantara
Melayu kan gagah di Nusantara…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?