Monday, December 10, 2012

fLu ..Go AwaY

Just got back from a vacation...
Badly need one...
But had fever once I landed in Bandung.

Amir was so excited. His first trip oversea and on the plane!
Knowing him, he could not sit still for 2 hours on the flight.. kept on talking and talking until we touched down.

The weather in Bandung was not bad... cooling and breezy. When I waited for the luggage, I could feel that my body shivered and beginning to feel that I will catch flu and cough ..as well... Amir n hubby were rushing to the loo... as If I was not... Haiyooo...

Once I passed through the arrival gate, I was looking for someone maybe middle 40s by the name of Pak Wahyu... our so called tour guide... but I saw no one holding a poster with my name on it. I just passed through until the end. Was looking for hubby and Amir, then finally I saw my father's name ARIFFIN at one of the pillars hold by someone... ARIDA was blocked by another pillar... heheheh

Pak Wahyu, the middle 40s aged tour guide whom I imagined was actually a young chap aged maybe middle 30s... how name can be so deceive-ful on the net! hahahaha..

So the trip was always began with.... yes... makan!!! We had our bfast on the flight earlier but hey... let's eat some more... Wahyu (since he is only in his middle 30s (i think) ...so calling him Pak.was ridiculous.. When we called him Wahyu instead he didn't address us as Bapak and Ibuk... suddenly he changed to Abang and Kakak... hahahahah!


Refreshing honey lemon tea
Dim Sum in the morning at Kartika's


I could feel that my body was beginning to succumb  to the flu...even though my mind was still controlling... We had an early dim sum at Kartika Sari's food court. A quick one,  then we left for our first 'adventure' - Tangkuban Prahu.

It was raining on our way to Tangkuban Prahu. I didnt miss the opportunity to take a nap. So did Amir and Hub. Reaching the the top... the haze was terrible... couldn't see anything and yes it was raining.

Suddenly I felt like I was in India... we were surrounded by hawkers selling souvenirs, blue berries, strawberries and etc...Amir looked so lost...hahahah...
I managed to say no to the hawkers politely and escaped without spending any rupiah .... yet ...what a good start! We couldnt see anything... The weather was so cold..freezing... my mind was still controlling ... 'say No to FLu!... or Flu Go Away...

We were not long there as the area was so packed and I couldnt even capture anything in the freezing whether. Hub showed the sign to go back to the mpv as it was then started to rain heavily. O... btw, we had to pay 20,000 rupiah for the 2 umbrellas that we used. Cheap? I dont know..

After Tangkuban Prahu we headed to Sari Ater Hot Spring. Still raining. If it was not because of Amir, I would have stayed in the mpv instead. But this was his vacation... We went to one of the hot springs and Amir was so eager to rest his legs in the warm water. Shaded under an umbrella both of us soaked our legs then..... Amir was excited with the warm water. He even wanted to swim... oh come on......!!!!! it was raining Amir... I told him... "nanti demam"... Actually I was talking to myself....


Sari Ater Hot Spring
Busy taking off his socks...

I could feel that I cant control the freezing inside me. Told Hub that we need to stop by...to get medicines for my flu and fever. What a holiday to start with????/!!!!!! Prompted Wahyu to stop at any pharmacy.
Got myself a stripe of flu capsules and a bottle of cough syrup. The first day went all wrong when the cap of the bottle cant be opened. God... what wrong have I done!!!

I was not even nodding to Wahyu's statement that he wanted to bring us to Kampung Daun - a nice place that serves Sundanese food. Whatever Wahyu.... All I ever wanted there and then was to have a place to lay down.

At Kpg Daun...
Our journey to Kg Daun was like a 4 x 4 jungle trekking. The road was terrible. We even passed by an alternative area ... an elite housing area I guess... but still the road is badly paved or paved but badly maintained.
Finally we reached Kg Daun. True enuf the place is so nyamanaa.... cooling.... and peaceful. Wahyu booked for us a small cottage. That cottage was i think suitable for at least 8 pax with pillows and cushions. There was a small river besides the cottage. Thumbs up to Wahyu for suggesting this place.



After lunch... mesti ada rokok maaa...
I forced myself to eat and tried to take a rest by napping. But Amir was busy running around and jumping up and down. So rest was only something that I planned... :)

Food was good if I am okay... But I only took rice and gurame fish soup.
If I was not having fever, I would have walked to the peak and capture some beautiful pics at the top. Wahyu said the scenery at the peak is so scenic!
It started raining again and I managed to take few shots with my S3.

"Nah ke mana kita skarang abang, kakak".
"Massage Wahyu" - that was my response ...
Well I need that and I guess Hub needs that as well.

"Kita ke Muryati saja" replied Wahyu...
"Apa apa saja la Wahyu" Hub responded on my behalf.

We had 2 hour good aromatherapy massage. Amir stayed put as the Galaxy tab was with him... if not he would have bugging us...
It was 630pm when we told Wahyu that we need to check in. Our day started as early as 3.00 am...

Our hotel - Serena Hotel - was located in the hut of the city... we could hear the landing and the take off of the planes...

We called the day off by telling Wahyu that we will manage our dinner on our own. But he insisted that we should call him for anything.

We need a rest...
I need to have a good rest.... to fight the flu
So did him.
we have another 3 days with full itinerary....
[to be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?