Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My 2 cents worth (May 2014)




Hello there peeps and Salam to all..

So how’s life been treatin’ all of you guys? Guess everything is under controlled and manageable as well as negotiable.. Lol!!

I have been thinking what to pen down in this issue… too many things to write but too limited time to do so… sounds like I am finding a valid excuse eh? Yeah I know when you are fond of something… no matter what kind of hindrance that welcome you will be approached and overcome without any difficulty.. and at the end of the day you will ‘find’ that time…. A good spank to myself!

Well perhaps that would be the topic that I will write. Something light and a fact that we face in our daily life… that we fail or inadvertently neglect to prioritize. In other words… this is what we call Procrastinate. In a simple layman term it means delaying, putting things off, postponing something that needs to be done, etc. That sounds familiar right? It happens to me all the time. And yes I will try to find thousand and one excuses to validate my procrastination which in the end will make me ‘suffer’ as I have tons on my plate that need attention or due for delivery!
Being a ‘procrastinator’ myself, I believe I am not qualified to advice on tips to beat procrastination. Yup I did read some information on the net on how to avoid procrastination … the so called perfect mechanism, time management, tips and advices are spelt out everywhere. Those are actually strategies and means of avoiding. But I think the root of the problem is ‘attitude’. 

Quoting Zig Ziglar – “It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.” In a simple language it means: your success in life (altitude) is determined more by your desire to succeed (attitude) than by your natural talents (aptitude). That makes sense right? Attitude is everything as it rules the way you perceive world and the world perceives you.

Semuanya bermula dari sikap yang ada dalam diri kita. Sikap menentukan segala-galanya. Sikap yang positif dan konsisten pasti akan menjadikan kita sebagai seorang insan yang menjana kejayaan demi kejayaan walaupun terpaksa mengharungi segala ranjau berduri yang menanti di hadapan. Sikap juga menentukan kejayaan seseorang menempuh segala cabaran walaupun mengalami kegagalan pada awalnya.

Well peeps… my 2cents – the loudest and influential voice you hear are your own inner voice. It can work for or against you. It can be optimistic or pessimistic. It can put you down or cheer you on. You control the sender and the receiver, but only if you consciously take responsibility for and control over your inner conversation.

So chin up peeps! Do your best in whatever you do. You will never regret.
By the way.. .. Today, 11 May 2014 is Mother’s Day. To all mothers out there, this message is specially dedicated to you. – “You are the truest friend. Come what may, when trials are heavy and sudden, when trouble thickens around us, you are there and cause peace returns to our hearts”.

To friends who have lost their mothers… May Allah grant our mothers Aljannatul Firdaus… and Rest In Peace.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?