Saturday, October 24, 2009

You Paint My Life

Nearly half of the day today was spent with the orphans from Yayasan Harapan Kanak2 and Home of Hope AlKhadeem. There were around 60 of them. Everyone is into 1Malaysia now... That's the beauty of multi racial society. We had them all under one roof today! I told my team, Kama and En Ramon, today is our CSR day. En Ramon could't hide his excitement... he was early today!

Anyways, do you paint or have you ever done any painting before? Nope, not me... but I've always wanted to have that kinda 'skill'. Not gifted and busy all the time... I never tried hard to discover as to whether I can really paint. Today, at our Training Centre, we had an Art Painting Competition. Its actually a project that we are currently working on - to choose 12 best paintings as part of our 2010 Calendar. Something different from previous years.

Frankly, I was actually stunned with the ability of the kids (mostly around 8 - 15 of age) to paint. They sketched their ideas, transfered onto the canvas and started the arcrylic painting. Looks easy ... Some of coz were lost since they couldn't imagine or relate themselves with B**. The resident artist, En Ali Akbar was very supportive and accommodative.

Finally, 2 hours after that, the kids completed their tasks. Boss and our team shortlisted around 24 paintings out of 60. Viewing the paintings, I could say that the kids have done well... the 'cute' factor is there when you deal with kids right?

These are some paintings and scenes captured during the competition. Bravo everyone! To Suki and the team, " We've made it ... and hopefully we can settle the rest within time".





12 comments:

Sharing your thoughts anyone?