Thursday, October 15, 2009

Is it too much to ask?

I was surprised when I was told that CE3 wanted to donate RM50K to YHKM. Yeah I know it is not my money but I think YHKM is a reputable NGO... under the patronage of the First Lady... Told Boss that I would prefer if that kind of money is to be given to other NGOs and associations.. I believe these NGOs and associations need more than YHKM...

Hearsay - when we 'donate' RM50K, CE1 will be on stage together with the First Lady... a significant mileage ... I told myself..

Actual Day - The First Lady was in hurry to join her beloved hubby ... extending moral support during the U**O assembly. So, there goes the mileage... Only one session of Photo Op.. together with the kids and other sponsors. Gotto know that B*TA sponsored 250 pairs of shoes, another company sponsored 1000 units of stationaries.. they got to be on stage too... hmmhhh the mileage was the same..

We were hoping that the media would do something the next day... However, none of the media reports on the 'event'... What a waste...

Its true that to certain extend, publicity is not the 'main thing' but after spending that kind of money, we would like to 'see' the 'outcome' ...

Is it too much to ask?

2 comments:

  1. I think for us, the mileage was probably the food yang sedap... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food memang sedap... tak dinafikan la... Tapi cam sakit ati jer tengok the event. RM50K meant nothing ke nowadays? Abis bajet CSR tu .... hahahah

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts anyone?