Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Fate ...

I have been here (Oncology Ward) for almost 2 days. Made acquaitances with people around whom I have to be frank that I dont even know their names at all. Most of the patients, be it males or females are elderly persons.... an indication that early detection on cancer is crucial but most of us deprived our own rights! 


While waiting for her in the toilet, I was approached by a woman (maybe late 40s). From her attire, I know she's not the patient. Apparently it's her other half. "Suami akak ada barah lidah... Dua bulan aritu dah buat RT dan KT. Bila balik JB, dia datang balik". My stupid question to her ' Suami akak boleh cakap' (Derrrr!!!!!??????)  Her reply was " Tak... dah kena buang lidah dia. Doktor kata suami akak yang pertama kena kat Malaysia ni." Before I could ask more stupid questions she added " Dua bulan lepas dah ambik daging kat dada dia tampal kat lidah..."... I didnt ask anymore..speechless ... I thanked my mum for exiting the bathroom just in time!  But I couldnt imagine how they face the situation...

I was replying office emails just now when makcik Minah came back from Brachy... She was temporarily paralysed from hip below. That was her second brachy session (internal radiation). I continued with my tasks when I heard the nurse calling for a help. And I was the only 'healthy' and 'strong' person there while the rests are bedded. I went to Makcik Minah's bed and there she was lying ...helpless... The nurses were trying to shift her from the surgery bed to her own bed. So I had to use all energy that I have to assist them to lift Makcik Minah to her bed. Pity Mck Minah.... She is now on drypers...Ever since she did the RT and brachy her discharge is considered bad.

Ten minutes passed by. Then mum was called for RT session. I saw a man - whom I gotto know that his wife is admitted due to the failure of the liver. I noticed that (from yesterday) he tried to create conversation with me (walawey!!! ..... ) but all I did is merely smile at him. Out of courtesy I did ask about his wife. So, his other half is actually a Captain (army). She had done surgery, RT and Chemo in 2009. It attacks again. Saw his other half walking out from the bathroom with her urine plastics. She is on tube.. (dont know if this is the exact term).

- The Ward -

This ward houses more than 20 patients - a combination of male and female ward. The females supersede the males in terms of qty. And yes obviously most of them are at their golden age... They should be leading a happily life besides their families... unfortunately GOD is GREAT! They win some and they lose some... Mum is not an exception. She is one in the many.

It makes me realise that you will never ever know what gonna happen to you in future ...even in few seconds... You have no total control ... this is something beyond your jurisdition... this is FATE and this is LIFE!

I pray for all these people ...for a healthy cancer free life upon the completion of their medical treatment. I pray for their speedy recovery... I pray that their support system i.e their families are concretely strong to face whatever outcome it would be... as what matters at this very moment is the love and caring for each other apart from the fighting spirit that shouldnt be left unattended at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?