Friday, April 27, 2012

Week 5 - Keeping Our Fingers Crossed

Seriously, I don't know what would happen to me without a lappy ...
Left it in Forte yesterday... Forced Joe to make a turning to send the lappy. I know that sounded stupid... and yes of coz that kinda of stupidity was not even entertained by the owner of that Forte.
So I was like sooo dammnnnnn bored without the lappy.... which in its absence, my BB was the only smart tool/device that I have. So no blogging, no emailing and no surfing and that equals to borring!

Finally, got it back at 8.00pm yesterday. .Legaa... That was the only form of entertainment that I have thru out my duration in the hospital. Not even handsome, young and cute doctors or at least doctors to be were around to release the current tense :)

Today, she completed her 5th week treatment. I had the opportunity to meet up with Prof Fuad during his rounds on Wednesday.  So most of the questions were from me rather than the patient herself! Prof examined her stomach especially the 2 locations of the tumors. The tumors have reduced significantly in size.

I was then informed that she has to complete 27 rounds of RT. As it is now, she has done 23 rounds. Chemos have been reduced from 5 to 3. Prof said her body couldn't stand the chemo effects and no matter what, the package of the whole treatment is deemed to be completed with 3 brachy sessions. So she has another 2 weeks to go!  Questions from Prof were directed to me rather than to mum then. I think he knows and still remembers how impatient I was during our first meeting demanding for answers and certainties.

Today, she had her first brachy. The procedure took about 5 hours. Mum is now relaxing and trying to have a good sleep. I noticed that she was a bit nervous before entering the OT just now. But glad to observe that she is okay. Thought of bringing her back tonite but I noticed that she was too weak and really unfit to move around. Had to bring her to the toilet and she's on drypers tonite...  Told the nurses the uncomfortable situation that she's having. She was given painkillers.
I think she has been restless since yesterday. A wife mysef, I know how she feels at the moment .....her husband's condition does matter to her.

Dad, on the other hand was said to have a slight improvement. Doc is still monitoring his breathing. He is doing some physio exercises to expand his lungs - a preparation for the surgery. We just hope he will recover soon. Even though Joe said the 'merepek' still exist ...at times.

Despite some stupid bloody comments from some people on what happened to us now, things look very positive and promising for both of them.
Will continue with our doa and prayers ....
For them to reunite again...
And for 3 of us to put that smile back on our face ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?