Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Before the Chapter ENDS...

All of a sudden I realised that I have been blogging on the Big C for more than one and half months. Well... something that I woud like to be reminded of...something that I would like to document as part and parcel of my life.. Her life as well..

I feel so unsettled ever since this Big C occupies my mind ...what more my life... Often I got carried away...lost in my own deep emotions and see things beyond what's happening at the moment. At times I am calculating or to be more precise - planning and trying to put things in place...just in case...

I am not sure is it me or otherwise.... I often have this scare inside me. Just got the medical report from UKMSC. There was a section that states what would happen if treatment is not done on an urgent basis. The statement on the medical report is short and in one bloody word... Death!

I guess the moment when I've made up my mind (after consulting Prof Fuad on  - costs, side effects, possibility and almost everything ...) was a right move. I guess Prof Fuad was stunt when I asked him lotsa questions and he had to explain one by one ...with patience.  and yes I think this oncologist of hers was also trying his best to explain her condition and the treatment. He even sketched the location of the tumors so that I could understand better.

After decision has been made, I did realise that I should have asked for second opinion. This was even suggested by someone in the family. Again I had this confusion. Holding fast on my decision, we decided to follow thru the advise of Prof Fuad.

And here we are. It has been more than 2 weeks. I have to say that her condition is getting much better even though the symptoms of RT and Chemo are revealing everyday.

Aware on the uncertainty and recurrence, I am confident that she will sail through. At her age now, what she needs is a clear state of mind .....
slices of happiness ......
and heaps of love from the family...
Before the chapter ends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your thoughts anyone?